Under the direction of the Director of Quality Management, the Clinical Quality Coordinator implements and facilitates the ongoing, hospital-wide Quality Management System and Patient Safety Plan to assure compliance with healthcare accrediting standards in order to enhance the quality of patient care consistent with hospital policies for age appropriate patients.
· Assists DQM and Clinical Quality Manager by gathering, disseminating, and documenting information on clinical quality and patient safety to facilitate compliance with requirements of accrediting and regulatory agencies.
· Assists with data collection and preparation related to Root Cause Analyses, Healthcare Failure Mode Effects Analyses, Internal Audits, Ongoing Provider Performance Evaluation, Grievances, and Risk Assessments.
· Assists with annual review of the Quality Management System (Performance Improvement Plan).
· Coordinates concurrent and retrospective medical record review studies and prepares resulting reports.
· Assists with maintaining a survey-ready hospital environment.
· Keeps current with state and federal laws and regulatory agency requirements for hospitals.
· Participates in clinical rounds with the Chief Clinical Officer or designee.
· Participates in the weekly Interdisciplinary Team Meeting, the daily Flash meeting, and also family meetings as requested.
· Coordinates, performs, and follows up on internal audits.
Other duties as assigned
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION)
Registered Nurse with current NJ license to practice
Minimum of 2 years’ experience as staff nurse or team leader in a critical care or LTAC setting
Excellent communication skills
Strong organizational skills
Ability to speak, read and write English
Ability to work in high stress environment
Previous experience in Quality Management, Risk Management, or Patient Safety
Bachelors of Science in Nursing