Establish, implement, facilitate and coordinate the ongoing, hospital-wide Education Program in accordance with The Joint Commission (TJC) and other healthcare accrediting standards. In charge of the facility’s Employee Health Program working collaboratively with the Staff Development Coordinator, Human Resources Director, Chief Clinical Officer and department managers to ensure compliance with state and facility requirements.
- Coordinate, in conjunction with the Staff Development Coordinator, the development and implementation and timely reviews of policies and procedures that govern the Nursing, Respiratory and Rehabilitation Departments.
- Provide hospital-wide in-service education related to the care of the adult or geriatric patient, ages 18 years and over.
- Provide in-service(s) on new equipment, changes in policies, forms, or any patient safety educational need that may arise in any department.
- Maintain educational information for regulatory agency reviews.
- Develop short and long-term educational goals and objectives based on annual needs assessment.
- With input from senior staff, develop annual Education Plan and calendar, and prepare annual Education Plan evaluation.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing
- Registered Nurse with current state license
- Prior clinical and management experience
- BCLS & ACLS Certified
- Computer literate
- Able to speak and write English
- Able to work in high stress environment
- Masters of Science Degree in Nursing
- One (1) year experience in Hospital Education / Staff Development
- One (1) year ICU experience
Chief Clinical Officer