Develops and oversees all human resources functions and the Human Resources Department; advises Administrator/CEO, department directors and managers in human resources policies and procedures, applicable local, state and federal employment laws and market and industry trends in human resources functions. These functions include, but are not limited to, employment recruiting and retention, job evaluation/classification, performance evaluations, employee relations, compensation, benefits and training.
- Adheres to all components of the Hospital Compliance Plan in performing job duties and reports any violations or suspected violations of the Plan to the Compliance Officer.
- Demonstrates professional conduct and complies with hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Adheres to hospital attendance policy as outlined in Employee Handbook.
- Plans, organizes and oversees all activities of the Human Resources Department; develops department goals, objectives and systems to achieve efficiency in providing human resources support and services.
- Oversees Employee Referral Program; identifies and develops recruiting sources such as community agencies, publications, educational institutions, professional organizations, search firms and agencies regarding employment opportunities.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
- Minimum of five (5) years’ HR experience
- Minimum of two (2) years’ managing human resources functions and staff, preferably in hospital setting
- PHR or SPHR certification, preferred
- Ability to speak, write and read in English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational and planning skills to prioritize work, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and take initiative