Responsible for utilizing his/her professional specialized nursing knowledge to coordinate, direct and provide comprehensive quality patient care to the specific patient population requiring wound and enterostomal wound care management needs and interventions. Promotes a safe environment and performs all job responsibilities in a safe manner. Maintains clinical and professional competency as appropriate to the age, development stages and special needs of the patients served. Provides patient, family and staff education regarding prevention of pressure wounds, dressing application and adjunctive therapy available.
- Assesses all patients within 72 hours of admission
- Provides care for the adult or geriatric patient, ages 18 years and over.
- Utilizes the nursing process for assessment, development of the plan of care, and education for ostomy, wound care and incontinence of patients.
- Assesses patient care needs and identifies interventions for treatment / prevention of a pressure sore, wound and / or ostomy related care needs.
- Performs and/or assists with stomal marking preoperatively, patient / family teaching, follow-up care and discharge planning.
Graduate of accredited School of Nursing.
Current state license as a Registered Nurse
Graduate from an approved Wound Certification Program.
Three (3) to five (5) years direct patient care experience; preferable surgical nursing care and/or care involving ostomy, continence, complex wound management experience,
or skin care services
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Certified Continence Care Nurse offered by WOCNCB