- JOB SUMMARYMonitors heart rhythm patterns to detect, record and report normal or abnormal heart rhythm patters and report alarms and any abnormal interval measurements.Essential Job Functions
- Must be competent in heart rhythms and cardiac conduction system
- Effectively follow the detailed instructions of medical professionals
- Knowledge and use of central telemetry monitoring equipment. Observe for any equipment problems or malfunctions and document and report promptly to supervisor
- Monitor patients on telemetry, identify changes in baseline cardiac rhythms and notify nurse or nursing supervisor of abnormal telemetry alarms
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Other duties as assigned only if coverage arranged for telemetry monitoring as directed by your supervisor.
- Assist in the orientation of new employees in telemetry monitoring process to the unit.
High School Diploma or GED. Appropriate knowledge of anatomy and physiology of cardiac conduction system. CNA or a higher medical education preferred. Prior Telemetry experience is preferred. ECG interpretation course is required.
Certificates and Licenses
Certification in arrhythmia course required. Current BLS. ACLS optional. This position requires that you complete a cardiac rhythm interpretation course and pass a written test with a score of at least 80%, 100% after remediation without missing any lethal rhythms.
Telemetry certification preferred.