Under the supervision of the Director of Clinical Services, assist in planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating the activities occurring in the nursing station by performing clerical and receptionist duties and maintaining the physical environment of the area.
- Transcribe and transmit doctor’s orders to appropriate areas under supervision of a Registered Nurse; confer with team leader regarding scheduling patients’ activities and tests.
- Provide indirect care for the adult or geriatric patient, ages 18 years and over.
- Assist physicians to retrieve patient data from medical record.
- Perform clerical functions for the nursing unit within the Unit Secretary’s sphere of responsibility.
- Answer telephone and intercom, take messages and communicate messages to the appropriate person.
- Assist patients and visitors in nursing unit as needed.
- Perform clerical duties related to the admission and discharge of patients.
- Compile new charts, maintain current charts and enter patient information on the charts and PCP.
MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION)
One (1) year hospital experience
High school Diploma or GED
Able to work in high stress environment
Able to speak, read and write English
Ability to work independently, self-directed
Knowledge of medical terminology